3.8.09

Tunnel vision

Cleverly disguised as a side trip from our little hotel getaway (wink-wink), the wheels on our SUV were going round and round heading to my favorite place in the world: the BEACH! Enjoying the drive with two snoozing boys in the back seat, life was grand. And then we stopped. Anyone who drives by way of the tunnel knows to expect bumpers and tail lights. We did too. It was the sign that threw me off. Congestion ahead: Be alert. Really? The shutterbug in me was ready! Hold your applause, please. Even if I didn't happen to have my eye glued to the view finder, I had plenty of time to dig the camera out from the back in a Chinese fire-drill sort of way. No worries, a few photos for memorabilia and we were on our way. Our destination was worth the time, traffic and the tunnel vision. The Lord reminded me that life is full of taillights and roadblocks, but our eternal destination awaits-and it's worth the trip!

2 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."

No comments:

Post a Comment