16.7.09

Silent Musings~ A Seaside Chat



Down by the SEA...

I'm gonna soak up the sun,
While it's still free,
I'm gonna soak up the sun,
Before it goes out on me

This week I got a chance to spend a couple hours on the coast and for a moment, time stood still. A true seaside parade performed: Pelicans soar overhead in formation, a boy gaping skyward as his kite dances mid air, waves perpetually climb and crash, sand glistens as it denies its insatiable thirst, giggles echo both the child's glee and the lover's bliss-all in perfect harmony. I love this place. Forever is too short a time to stay. There my heart and soul are at perfect contentment and peace.

I turn away from the sea as I lumber through the deep dry sand and head toward the showers. "I Love a Parade" is no longer playing in my ears-if only imaginary tune before. Now, the ocean water is weighing down rolled- up pants, clumps of sand is forming a gritty second layer of skin, and I'm painfully aware that the salty flavor of the sea is slapping across my wind blown cheeks. Leave the sand at the beach! In my hurriedness and unwilling change of heart, I've lost peace and contenment before my feet even hit the parking lot.

How can that be? Love it or hate it?

A place I live to love, that gives abundant life to my very being leaves me with an undeniable Discordant Affection.

I'm willing to live with that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment