- Pretty day for a stroll through open air shopping.
- Saxon-no need to explain if you're from anywhere near Richmond VA, no need to explain if you're not.
- Uggs, heaven underfoot.
- Sylvester and Tweety-the old lady with the umbrella? HER:
- "Would you like some help?"
- "I'd love some help. I want these in a size seven, please."
- "Let's see, (taking the shoe off of my foot and one off of the shelf) these are different sizes."
- "Yeah, that one is smaller, but this one's a six and it's too small."
- "Are you sure?"
- (hmmm, yep hanging off the back of the sole, I'm pretty certain.) "Yeah, I tried them both on."
- "Well, you don't want too much room in the front or in the back."
- (Looking around to make sure I'm in the store I thought I'd walked into. Yep, still here.)
- (Maybe she's a visual talent-I'll put the six back on...glancing at the floor)
- "I need more room than that (since my foot is off the shoe!)"
- "Well Chickie, (Ok-she didn't say Chickie, but she may as well have!) you're the one who's going to have to wear them!"
- (thanks, Mom)
- Out she comes; good thing I saw her walking the other way. "Over here!"
- "Ok, here's the six."
- "Umm, I need the sevens."
- "Oh, are you sure?"
- Nods head
- "Back again (good thing they sold sneakers there; Zumba's got nothing on her work efforts!)."
- "Ahh, perfect. I think I'll get these." (I heard my wallet groan.)
- "Sorry it took me a few trips."
- "That's ok. They're perfect. Thanks."
- Granny made me chuckle that day. I wear those shoes as often and I think of little Granny as I scamper about those days. I still smile as I remember the encounter...she made my day and my toes still thank her for that!
- Misfit delivers perfect fit!
If the Shoe Fits
Posted by Tamara-Story writer and photographer at Monday, July 20, 2009