7.1.10

Fireside Chat

Freezing rain and snow fall outside on this frigid night. All this cold isn't too common around here and for that I am thankful; the cold hurts! My fireplace has in one week warmed me up more than the entire past year. I like that. It's almost as if it whispers with each flicker, "Come, sit, relax, enjoy, slow down,"  and January continues slipping away.

Already I'm in the flux of getting behind on too many daily chores. As I run through my house I am unable to escape the very real reminders that piles, books, planning, and even entire rooms (almost audibly) moan for my attention. I need blinders and ear plugs.  And this year- now more than ever, my heart pounds as my soul bursts with silent screams of desires I've held in my innermost being for "some day." I leave them there, unmentioned.

Yet tonight as I dream by the fire,  it seems my heart and soul have taken over my mind in their own fireside chat.  I hold back the emotion of wishing and dreaming as their conversation grows louder. Maybe I'll be courageous enough to follow their lead. Maybe this will be the year my silence is broken and dreams are made reality. Maybe. Just maybe

No matter how your heart is grieving





If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true.




Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment